Monday, June 27, 2016

"Deeper and deeper into homosexuality ideas": My BYU Honor Code File Revealed



I wrote and published a book entitled during my last six months at BYU Law (between October 2010 and April 2011) entitled Homosexuality: A Straight BYU Student's Perspective. Without my knowledge, a friend of mine reported me to BYU's Honor Code Office (HCO) for "getting deeper and deeper into homosexuality ideas." As a consequence, the HCO investigated me.


The HCO assigned a staff member to review my personal blog and YouTube channel. This staff member scrutinized my blog posts and YouTube videos, as well as my book, and made comments about whether my religious beliefs and my writings sufficiently complied with LDS teachings. Comments included "notice he did not say he believed in latter day prophets" (a recognized indicator of religious fitness for a Mormon) and "Much of the book contradicts teachings from the First Presidency of the LDS Church."

In all its glory, here is my honor code file.

Update 28 June: Many people have commented on my file, and asked how they can get their own HCO files. Luckily for you, FreeBYU has a resource for that very purpose! ATHCOE: Accountability and Transparency in Honor Code Office Enforcement

 Gdoc version here


2 comments:

  1. That's not creepy at all, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mormonism is becoming more and more like the communism it so heatedly reviled.
    Ratting on roommates, spying, secret files, suspicions and intrigue. This is nasty nasty stuff.
    This is the stuff of secret combinations...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog